1. To promote independent evaluation and critical thinking to assess the impact
of maternal alcohol use on individuals and society as well as strategies for prevention.
2. To apply the scientific method to test and observe the adverse effects of ethanol
on a developing organism.
3. To utilize language arts skills
in a science context and to acquire knowledge of alcohol related birth defects
to prevention strategies.
1. Students will be able to describe the consequences of maternal alcohol abuse
on a developing baby.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate
the effect of alcohol exposure on a developing organism.
Students will be able to identify the benefit of support from fathers, other family
members, and the community for discouraging the use of alcohol during all stages