|To view publications in PDF format, you must download the Adobe Acrobat Reader. The browser you are using determines the methods necessary to download Acrobat files. See Methods for Saving Acrobat Files / PDF Viewing Information.|
Answers to Question to Consider Worksheet
1. Are there similar numbers of eggs in each condition at time 0? If not, identify which are different. Explain how this might affect your interpretation of the results.
2. After 48 hours, what did you observe about the appearance of the hatched brine shrimp in the control dish?
3. After 48 hours, what do you observe in each of the dishes containing alcohol? (Compare 1%, 2.5% and 5%conditions.)
4. What do your results tell you about the affect of alcohol on hatching of brine shrimp eggs?
5. Do you think the development of other organisms can be affected by alcohol?
6. If you could run this experiment again what other variable would you like to consider?
7. How would you test the influence of that variable on brine shrimp egg hatching?