ONLINE MATERIALS FOR CLINICIANS AND PATIENTS
Visit the NIAAA Web site at www.niaaa.nih.gov/guide for these and other materials to support you in alcohol screening, brief interventions, and followup patient care. NIAAA continually develops and updates materials for practitioners and patients; please check the Web site for new offerings. You may also order materials by writing to the NIAAA Publications Distribution Center, P.O. Box 10686, Rockville, MD 20849-0686 or calling 1-888-MY-NIAAA (888-696-4222).
Clinician support and training
Forms for downloading
- Screening instrument: The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) in English and Spanish
- Assessment support: Sample questions for assessment of alcohol use disorder
- Pre-formatted progress notes and templates
- Medication wallet card form (fits Avery® templates 8371, 8372, 8383, and 8377)
Animated slide show
This 80-slide PowerPoint™ show helps instructors present the content of the Guide to students and professionals in the general medicine and mental health fields. It takes viewers through the step-by-step process outlined in the Guideand offers materials for aiding in screening and brief intervention.
Publications for professionals
- Alcohol Alerts: These bulletins provide timely information on alcohol research and treatment.
- Alcohol Research: Current Reviews: Each issue of this peer-reviewed journal contains review articles on a central topic related to alcohol research.
- A Pocket Guide for Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention [PDF]:This is a condensed, portable version of this publication.
- Spanish Edition of the Guide: Ayudando a Pacientes Que Beben en Exceso-Guia Para Profesionales de la Salud [PDF]
- Medications Update: Prescribing Medications for Alcohol Dependence.
- Other Professional Publication Materials: http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/clinical-guides-and-manuals
- Rethinking Drinking booklet: Offers valuable, research-based information on drinking patterns and alcohol's effects on health. Rethinking Drinking Web site—http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/—provides interactive tools for assessing and changing risky drinking.
Publications for the public
- The NIAAA Web site includes information on downloading or ordering fact sheets, pamphlets, and brochures for a variety of audiences. Topics include drinking during pregnancy, treatment for alcohol problems, college and underage drinking, and more (http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets).