ONLINE MATERIALS FOR CLINICIANS AND PATIENTS
Visit the NIAAA Web site at www.niaaa.nih.gov/guide for these and other materials to support you in alcohol screening, brief interventions, and followup patient care. NIAAA continually develops and updates materials for practitioners and patients; please check the Web site for new offerings. You may also order materials by writing to the NIAAA Publications Distribution Center, P.O. Box 10686, Rockville, MD 20849-0686 or calling 301–443–3860.
Clinician support and training
Forms for downloading
- Screening instrument: The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT)
- Assessment support materials
- Pre-formatted progress notes and templates
- Medication wallet card form
- Wallet Cards (fits Avery® templates 8371, 8372, 8373, 8376, and 8377)
Animated slide show
This 60-slide PowerPoint™ show helps instructors to present the content of the Guide to students and professionals in general medicine and mental health fields. It takes viewers step-by-step through the Guide's process for alcohol screening and brief intervention and showcases the helpful materials in the appendix. To access the slide views without animation, viewers may download a PDF version.
- PowerPoint™ show:
"Using the NIAAA Clinician's Guide"
Other publications for professionals
- Alcohol Alerts
- Alcohol Research: Current Reviews
- Professional Education Materials
- A Pocket Guide for Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention [PDF]
- Spanish Edition of the Guide: Ayudando a Pacientes Que Beben en Exceso-Guia Para Profesionales de la Salud [PDF]
- Rethinking Drinking booklet [PDF] and order form -- 16-page booklet describes risky drinking patterns and symptoms of a problem, and provides support and resources for making a change
- Rethinking Drinking Web site - provides interactive tools for assessing and changing risky drinking
Publications for the public